AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple conversion code single thank you page from same account???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 conversion code( one for sign up and one for sale) from the same adwords account and have a single thank you page, i have placed both conversion code on the thank you page.So what will happen if some click on my ad and convert, will my account show 2 conversions or 1 conversion or converted click (1) and conversion many per click (2) and how google will identify which converison code have received the conversion ( sale or lead)?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alok S
September 2015

Re: Multiple conversion code single thank you page from same account??

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alok

Adwords will record 1 converted click and 2 conversion as both the pixels will be fired. If you click on segment drop down menu and select conversion>>name of the conversion you have written, their you will find this data.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Alok,

To add onto what Abhishek said above, I think to measure 2 different types of conversions based on their types i.e. Sign up and Sale, it is better to have separate thanks page for them and implement the Sales Conversion Tracking Code for Sales thanks page (which is generally a check out success page) and a simple thanks page (i.e. where the user has filled up some form to inquire about anything, but has not made a sale). Doing this might be able to give you more clarity in terms of what keywords drove more sales and what more leads. That's my understanding.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Alok S,

If you place the conversion code twice on the same page, both conversions will always fire if the visit was from an AdWords click. Google has no way to determine which conversion should be attributed, so it will record both. I second Pankaj's answer. Use 2 separate "thank you" pages to accurately track the conversion type.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords