AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Multi Country, Multi Product Account (help pls)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Everyone,

I have been managing adwords for many years for large and small companies, but have run into a problem recently.

I have to handle adwords for a multi-country, multi-product, multi-language business.

So my current structure is:

Account

- Campaign Cellphones, Country US

- - Adgroup Cheap Cellphones (keywords: cheap cellphones, budget cellphones, cheap mobiles)

- - Adgroup Motorola (keywords: motorola, motorola razr, motorola androd)

- - Adgroup Nokia (keywords: nokia lumia, nokia smartphone, nokia)

- - Adgroup Android (keywords: android cellphone, android ics phone, buy android phone)

- Campaign Cellphones, Country UK

- - Adgroup Cheap Cellphones (keywords: cheap cellphones, budget cellphones, cheap mobiles)

- - Adgroup Motorola (keywords: motorola, motorola razr, motorola androd)

- - Adgroup Nokia (keywords: nokia lumia, nokia smartphone, nokia)

- - Adgroup Android (keywords: android cellphone, android ics phone, buy android phone)

Similarly campaigns for mp3 players, batteries, tablets - that have multiple countries to be targeted.

I don't think this structure is optimized, and I would love to hear any good suggestions about the structure, and any best practises.

Should I create multiple accounts? One for each country under an MCC?

Thanks!

Re: Multi Country, Multi Product Account (help pls)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
hiya,

I would recommend to do 1 account per country indeed. Enhanced campaigns wont be enough if you want proper spend control, reporting capabilities, control ad over copy, more A/B testing possibilities, etc.

I'v been working on 4+1 different accounts (all pointing to the same domain), and each one has a few grouped countries. If i could i would literally have 1 account per country...

The problem is that the confirmation page gets loaded with adwords pixels which can make it heavy and increase load time... If you have some sort of tag manager you might be able to only fire the relevant one each time. if you only have 4-5 specific countries you need to target, i'd recommend a country split.

that's it Smiley Happy

Hope it helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Sifalio!

Campaign Mobiles

Adgroup Mobile Brand1

Adgroup Mobile Brand2

Adgroup Mobile Brand3

Is this recommended, or should I keep brand names as separate campaigns... or bundle all brands under one ad group?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

I'm a pro-granularity (to sometimes very stupid levels...).

Answer also depends if you call brand the device's name or the manufacturer's name.

Lets' assume you're talking about the manufacturer.

How I see it, each should have its separate campaign.

That way you will be able to have a better view of market trends.

For example, all things being equal*, impression levels for apple phones related keywords could have decrease, when the opposite trend might be true for Samsung phones...

This can help you decide which brand related keywords should get a CPC bump and get more focussed on...

hope this helps Smiley Happy

*might sound pompous here, but it is actually very(^n) important for all analysis you do... For example CTR dramatically drops when you open search partners (so does average CPC, but cost climb and conversion rates can decrease, etc.), add new Keywords, impressions / clicks / ctr, etc all get influenced at the ad group / campaign / account levels... and bulk/batch changes are hard to analyse ; So make sure that when you analyse / compare periods you don't forget to factor in / weight all your updates.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I found this thread since I have the a very similar challenge as the original poster.  My current layout is similar in that I have one campaign per country and then duplicate adgroups and ads for each country. The advertising territory I control has slowly grown to 15 countries and now I've just been given 12 countries which, once added, will make any changes across countries to be rather laborious. 

I do need to control the costs, e.g. the budget, for different countries separately since each country has its own separate promotional budget... one country per campaign does already seem to give me the control I need.  Your suggestion to have one account per country seems to be going in the opposite direction than I was hoping for.  It would just mean even more repetition and maintenance this time across accounts.  In my case I need more control over spending/per country at the adgroup or ad level.  (I would also need more reporting at the adgroup and ad level so that I can see what each country spent).

My dream would be to have ability to just create one campaign, assign each product to an adgroup and being able to control the costs within that adgroup depending on each of the target countries and of course monitor what was spent in each country. 

Can anyone help me come closer to this dream?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am facing the same challenge. Anyone has got new insights on setting up multiple country campaigns and each country needs to get his own budget insights (budget per country needs to be specified per country campaign).