star_border

Much Impression- No Clicks

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Impression - 164 per day ( Mon. to Friday )

Clicks -       Only 1 per day ( Average )

Avg. Position-  2.7  ( Always top in colured background in whole day )

Campaign Setting - Ok ( Location, Only Google Search Network exluding partners, Language etc. )

Ad Relevance - Quality Score - 8/10

Keyword - Very Good ( 5000 exact searchs in month ) 

So I'm requesting to all experts why i'm getting too less clicks why why ?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Much Impression- No Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi sem,

I am assuming here, you are running your text ads on search network (Let me know if that is not the case).

As your keyword relevance (QS) and ad position is very good, I suspect the problem here may be your ad copy.

Compare your ads with that of your competitors, Do your ads standout from the crowd?

Find some tips about creating successful text ads here.

[ Edited ]
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Info,

I'm agree with your advice, according to you text ad is yes but it doesn't seems irrelevant for user to engage with my ad title, description and display URL.

Ad Bio: -   Title is OK with keyword 

Description : Meaningful and attractive with appearing first line description to title.

2nd line description with strong call to action. Appearing 80% Impressions with good words sitelinks.

And One more thing targeting desktop and laptop devices not mobile and tablets.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi sem,

As you are familiar with Adwords for the past five years, I am sure you know the importance of different ingredients of a text ads (USP/Call to action etc).

At times the problem can be offers/USPs mentioed in competitor ads.

For example you have mentioned your average position as 2.7. Let us take it as 2. And you have mentioned a 20% discount for your product in your ad.Out of the top three ads your ad appears on 2nd position. Consider a situation when the top ad is mentioning 25% discount and the ad below is mentioning 30%. In this situation your ad will receive fewer clicks compared to the top and bottom ads, if the industry/segment you are advertising is highly price conscious. Your ads may have all the factors which can attract customers when considered separately, but they can fail in situations like these. At times a comparison with other ads may help us to comeup with a better ad.

Just a thought

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello sem,

What kind of keyword match types are you running?

Sometimes if you run the most restrictive match type (i.e. only exact matches), chances are you get low traffic, but that traffic should be relevant. You might consider trying different combination of match types and then see if that helps out or not.

Also, do you have keywords with Low Search Volume status? If yes, then it could be another reason for less impressions.

Are you using ad scheduling in your campaign or not? If you are using it, you might consider removing it and running ads 24 hrs a day to see if it creates some impact or not.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pankaj,

If you have a keyword that searches in 5000 approx searches in exact according google adwords keyword tools and if you are getting 150-170 impression for that exact keyword ( Tool is right ). I don't think and it's not like low seach volume keyword.

I've not done ad scheduling running whole day - 24 Hours. According to you i can go for broad modified keyword then see what happens?

P.S. - New in Adwords Community Not NEW in Adwords. Running Campaign 2007 to Present.

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Info,

All of Competitors offering £5 cover including me.

P.S. New in Adwords Community Not NEW in Adwords. Running Campaign 2007 to present.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi SEM,

I have gone through all above conversation and as you mentioned all the settings are fine. I would suggest you to test multiple variation of adcopy. If still it doesn't work for you, you can keep this particular keywords in separate adgroup with dedicated adcopies and fair enough bid. Remember to negative this keyword in other adgroups.

Can u please check in SQR if the same keyword in same match type or different match type getting impressions and clicks from other adgroups?

Good to know your adwords experience, hoping to see you around in the community!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
sem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

Thanks for your advice but FYI  I've already use different adcopy in my different adgroups and each keywords in their separate agroups.

Keywords- 1 

Adgroups - 1 

Adcopy-  5

Variation: content - Yes  

Attraction - Yes

SQR-  Yes for last threshold activity.

But still in problems not getting clicks. I think problems in adwords refering data.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi sem,

What is the product/service you are selling?