Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Moving keywords into a different new campaign

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

I have some exact and bmm keywords in a campaign all mixed up. Most of these keywords have good QS and high CTR. I'm thinking of moving them into a fresh new campaign respective to their match types for better tracking and analysis. Would this be a problem? Would the QS/CTR become an issue?

When I say "move", I'll be using Editor to copy them into the new campaign and pause the old ones.

Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Re: Moving keywords into a different new campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark;

No; this is called in Adwords terminology:  campaign optimization.

After copying  them, review all keywords, and pause those  which do not perform well. (I am not getting into details / specifics  of  KWs optimization,  since I assume you know the process - but, if you have any follow-ups - please ask)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thanks Moshe!
Quick question, I have two keywords - one exact match, and one BMM.
When I move the BMM keyword into it's own adgroup and BMM campaign, I have to add the exact match into negative, right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Mark;

Correct; This is the structure  most advertisers would  follow, when using  (this strategy of) ad-copy which is "tightly themed" to the exact match keywords. (A common practice is to use DKI with exact match. )

Our colleague @Cobnut raised an interesting point, in one discussion,  explaining  that, actually, since you (most likely) bid higher on exact match, and this is the restrictive match type, the system, statistically, will match the exact match KW, and you don't need to add  "exact(s)" as negatives in the "broad" ad-group".

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Gotcha. Thanks Moshe!