2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Money Spent more than twice of Daily Budget in 10 Mins

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I kinda feel cheated as daily budget was 200k while i was charged 560k by google in 10 mins. What kind of scheme is this to cheat people ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Money Spent more than twice of Daily Budget in 10 Mins

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Naman,

If your daily budget is set to 200k the amount charged will not be more than 200k + 20% which is 240k. I have been running AdWords campaigns for more than 10 years and active in this community simultaneously, still I have never experienced or heard of anything proving the opposite.

Based on the above I'd say that what you are claiming to be true sounds unbelievable. You are advised to please double-check your campaign details and also the campaign change history that you can find under the upper TOOLS tab.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cross Checked each and every tab and tools and history. Just wondering is that a bug or they fool advertisers.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Naman,

Google is not cheating or fooling you, you may rest assured. My best guess is that you are a newbie and misunderstood something by mistake, though I cannot logically exclude a temporary error. It could help a lot if you would be so kind as to post a few screenshots that you think can prove your original statement. Also a shot of the Change History page.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please see the screenshots.

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 8.56.37 pm.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 8.55.25 pm.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Isn't that a big blunder ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 9.58.48 pm.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-30 at 9.58.33 pm.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
At no point of time , daily budget was changed.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Naman,

There might be time periods missing from your change history page. Please select the custom time range to July 26-30 on the Change History page and set the Filter to *Budget changes* before shooting the screen capture.

As for the campaign page (Jul 30), could you please apply the path *Dimensions / Time / Hour of day* before shooting?

Best,
Lakatos