AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Modified Broad catch all

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a set of keyterms that include the same word (a seed-type word)  twice - there is definitely a more preferred search intent when it appears twice in user search queries

When I create the modified broad version of the KWs, by including the term twice ( +seed +seed +other +word ), will the system  require seed word to appear twice in search queries?

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Modified Broad catch all

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Very good question. I´ve never had a case like that, and don´t know the answer, however I´d think it will treat them as 2 different keywords..
Have you checked your search terms reports, do you have search terms (queries) in it reported like this?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly - shows up in KWs and queries.

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay,

give it a try and let us know!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Doug, it is indeed an excellent question and not one I've encountered either.

I would guess that Google will honour the use of the word twice as there are brand names (Tom Tom springs to mind) and other instances where the double word is quite different from the single.  I presume you're also using Phrase matching as well - "seed seed"?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits