AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask a general question about how people approach mobile.

Do you just run normal search campaigns and make bid adjustments or do you break campaigns out by device?

Thanks for any replies Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Mobile campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Laura B,

The ETA(search text ads) focus on all the devices.

You can make bid adjustments in the same campaign for any device as per the performance.

Though call only campaign is only for mobile devices that are capable of making calls.

User is not redirected to a landing page, he/she can make calls only with these campaigns.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Mobile campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Archit

Thanks for your reply.

I know that this is how it works but I was wondering if people create mobile only campaigns by making a -100% bid adjustment on desktop and tablet in order to be able to specifically target users with specific messaging that may be appropriate for mobile users?

That sort of thing?

Thanks

Laura

Mobile campaigns

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, you can use -100% for other devices to give preference to mobile device only.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Mobile campaigns

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

It entirely depends. We are able to make bid adjustment in the same campaign for devices and can also create separate campaign as you are already aware. Usually I see from where I am getting most of the traffic and conversions. From keyword planner also you get the idea mobile vs desktop volume. 

If I see that mobile has my most targeted audience, I would create separate campaign and allow mobile device separate budget. As because I don't want to lose traffic and potential customer from desktop devices I would create separate campaign for computers may be with lesser budget. 

All in all it depends on the goal of the campaign as well as nature of business  I am advertising.

Hope above makes sense.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’