AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile bid adjustment for GDN

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

During my observations, I have seen that in my GDN mobile devices have performed better, however, with lower CTR and high CPC. In this scenario, is it a good idea to lower the bid adjustments for mobile devices? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile bid adjustment for GDN

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil, it really depends upon how you're measuring "performance".  If you're measuring by ROAS, then you should base your bidding upon that; if mobile performance is returning a net profit, there's really no need to reduce their bids, although you may wish to experiment to see if ROAS increases.  If they're not returning a net profit, you should definitely address this, and reducing bids is one option, as well as improving placement choices.

CTR itself will always be lower on the GDN than on Search - often substantially so - so don't use this alone as a basis for bid adjustment vs. Search.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jon,

One more query. Will this bid reduction help me in getting enough clicks on other devices as well? At present, I am not happy with the desktop performance. But there is no way where I can adjust the bid for desktop devices.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil, you adjust the bid for desktops/tablets in the normal way - by changing the Max. CPC. figure.  Bid adjustment is all about percentages of this "overall" figure so if you want to increase CPC for desktops, you increase the Max. CPC. and if you want to keep mobile bids the same, you'd increase their adjustment.  For example:

Max. CPC = $5.00  Mobile adjustment: -30%

Desktop/Tablet Max CPC = $5.00

Mobile Max CPC = $3.50

Max. CPC = $6.00 Mobile adjustment: - 41%

Desktop/Tablet Max CPC = $6.00

Mobile Max CPC = $3.54

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits