AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile app display advert budget won't spend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I have a problem in that Google is not currently spending anywhere close to my daily budget on my mobile app display advertisements.

I have run a test where Google was spending upwards of £150 per hour at the margin I needed. Overnight I dropped the budget as I didn't want to waste money, then increased the budget back to £150 per hour the following day. The next day Google was spending roughly £1 per hour.

I set up a new campaign which again spent £150 per hour and then subsequently died after a few days. I set up a second new campaign which spent £150 per hour and then subsequently died.

Now whenever I start a new campaign it is instantly dead and fails to spend more than £0.50p per hour.

I know the market is there but I can't seem to spend any money!

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile app display advert budget won't spend

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Laura;
Can you explain what do you mean "per hour". Adwords campaigns are per click or per 1000 impressions . Which one did you pick?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Mobile app display advert budget won't spend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is a cost per click campaign. With the high budget I set it was spending roughly £150 per hour, hence 'per hour'.

Any ideas?