AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Sitelinks - Do You Have To Add Them As Separate Sitelinks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Probably a really basic question here but wanted to check.  

I have an Adwords sitelink for 'Party Dresses' which does not have the 'mobile devices' box ticked.  In order to perform well on mobile, do I have to create another separate 'Party Dresses' sitelink specifically for mobile so I can then optimise the ads character length?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: Mobile Sitelinks - Do You Have To Add Them As Separate Sitelinks?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Emma W,

The 'Mobile' checkbox is just a preference, not a setting. It's a handy feature when you have multiple sitelinks and would like to choose which ones to show on Mobile, based on character length and performance. The same site link could be served on mobile devices, along with mobile preferred ads as well.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for writing back!

So basically I set up one sitelink for 'Party Dresses' and tick 'mobile'. This sitelink will then show on desktop, mobile and tablet. Is that right?

Do I need to adjust the character lengths of the sitelinks to optimise them for mobile?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Emma,

In case you want your ads, sitelinks to perform better on mobile devices, you tend to have mobile friendly URL along with ad content that is actually mobile optimized. If all these conditions are met, you should be selecting that device preference to let AdWords know that you want these content pieces specifically be delivered on mobile devices.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for that. My confusion is this do I:

a) Setup two sitelinks. One with mobile ticked. One without mobile ticked. On the mobile one I write a sitelink which is only 12-15 characters long to optimise it for mobile.

b) Setup one sitelink. Tick mobile. Write a sitelink which is 12-15 characters long and this will show on desktop/mobile and tablet.

Which one do I choose?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Emma,

Ideally you should be setting up both the sitelinks i.e. one as regular and other mobile optimized.

As a side note, if your focus is mobile, you should try and set up a dedicated mobile targeted campaign and for that campaign, you should be setting up separate sitelinks that are device preferred.

I hope this helps!
Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great thanks Pankaj!