3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Search Click to Call Campaign CTR and Quality Score is Low

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have launched multiple campaigns for mobile search click to call. All my mobile search click to call campaigns' CTR and quality score is low (Across different industry and different adwords account.)

Take the "Appliance repair" campaign as an example:

Keywords:

Appliance repair, refrigerator repair.. this kind of keywords are expensive. Therefore, I did keywords research on appliance problems. Ex: refrigerator not cooling, wash machine wont drain, etc

For the ad copy, one is generic and the other one is for specific group.

{Appliance Repair}, We repair major brands...

{Washer not working?}, Talk with local washer repairmen. Call Now!

Bid price.

0.8 for PC, $300 ($3.2) for mobile. 

I used Exact and modify broad match type ([wash machine wont drain], +wash +machine +wont +drain).

The testing results show that both Exact and Modify broad CTR is lower than 1% and most keywords QS are 3-6. This happens across several my testing accounts.

What can I do to improve it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Search Click to Call Campaign CTR and Quality Score is Low

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Edwin,

Looking at your query I think there is a problem with your keywords. Usually we see that people searching on mobile use small keywords to search. I see that you have very long keywords. Upon that you have use exact match keywords which I think will not give you desired results.

I understand that the Appliance repair, refrigerator repair are expensive but they are expensive because for a reason. These keywords could be most search and highly competitive keywords.

My recommendation would be to have small keywords with broad match which will help you get desired results.

Thanks,
Rahul
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edwin F
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Edwin, 

There may be a few issues causing low CTR for your campaigns:

1. Try more enticing call-to-actions, maybe offer a 'free' consultation. 
  2. What is your expected CTR? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659696?hl=en 
  3. If possible you should connect the repair business' Google+ account to your AdWords. Consider beefing up their Google+ with reviews and details about operations. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722132?hl=en
  4. What is your quality score? Is it higher then 5? 
  5. Broaden your keywords to less long tail and more general. Set aside a budget and a max CPA for more general keywords try to use bid modifiers to increase the likelihood of a higher CTR rate. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

Yes, most my keywords are not small keywords. I have seen lots of my search query are longtail or even longer than 8-10 words. I'll try to test small keywords with broad match.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1, Free Consultation is one of the CTAs included.

2, Most my "expected CTR" is average or below average. I'll try to write new ad copy to improve the expected CTR

4, Most my keywords quality score are 4, some of them are 5 or 6.

5, Will do the test on general keywords.