Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Call Extensions skewing other results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

So I'm in a bit of a pickle and maybe you can help ease my mind.

I'm currently working with a client who wants to lower his conversion cost and increase conversion rate. I've been successful so far, but he also tells me that it's extremely important for him to get that "first call." So immediately I thought of using call extensions in a "click to call only" format for mobile ads, where the phone number is in a larger font above the ad text. 

This will of course make the phone number pop out more and hopefully get us more phone calls, but will ultimately mess all the other data up, as we wont be able to record mobile conversions anymore by mobile searchers visiting the site and filling out the form. Clicks will still get recorded and ultimately cost per conversion will go up, and conversion rates will go down.

Have you experienced this pickle before? Any way to work around this?

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AmyB (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Mobile Call Extensions skewing other results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Johnathan,

I love this part "I'm currently working with a client who wants to lower his conversion cost and increase conversion rate."

Don't they all...Smiley Happy

I don't have a definitive answer for you but one idea would be to set up some reporting of your own and explain to said client that these particular clicks need to be part of the conversion count and then recalculate the CPA.  After all "it's extremely important for him to get that "first call.""  That statement right there is evidence that a successful 'click to call' should be understood as a conversion.  

Although the exact data in AdWords will not reflect as such, you could create a simple report that would show this client a true representation of the data from the AdWords UI.

Just a suggestion, not sure there is a technical way to track these calls as conversions currently.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’