2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Bid Adjustment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When layering in OS targeting to a current campaign that receives both mobile and desktop traffic, will that adjustment to Android only make it 100% mobile by default? Or do i need go ahead and make a mobile bid adjustment on top of selecting Android only?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Bid Adjustment

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mo,

Thanks for posting to the Community. In this example, you would want to make a mobile bid adjustment in addition to your operating system targeting since there are some edge cases in which a campaign targeting Androids, for example, can still have desktop impressions. For example, a desktop impression may actually be a Kindle running in "desktop" mode.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Re: Mobile Bid Adjustment

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mo,

Campaign automatically exclude out of desktop and laptop,whenever you select any advanced option for mobile and tablet. 

Here is the screenshot of the Adwords panel,  whenever you make changes in the in the operating system of mobile and tablet. 

Mobile and tablet option.png

So apart from the edge case mentioned by @CassieH, which I think won't be contribute much traffic, you should be getting prominently mobile traffic only after making the changes in operating system.