Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile App Installs - showing to people who already have the app

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I apologize if some other user has already asked that question - I have been browsing here for a long time, and I couldn't find anything related.

We have launched a few new Mobile app installs campaigns (Search Network). My boss has been complaining that despite that he has our Android app installed, he can still see this app-install format.

Google claims that those ads will be shown only to those users who have not installed our app yet (talking about Android). It seems not to be working though! It concerns the following countries: Germany, Poland, Colombia, Ecuador, and Perú.

I would be very grateful for your advice!

Cheers,

Weronika

Re: Mobile App Installs - showing to people who already have the app

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Weronika, 

Welcome to the AdWords Community and thanks for posting your question here. No need to apologize, we'd like users like you to ask questions here and we are happy to help Smiley Happy 

To address your issue, Google only shows app install ads to people who haven’t downloaded your app from the Google Play Store. So please make sure that:

1. Your boss downloaded the app from the Google Play Store. 

2. Your boss hasn't uninstalled the app by mistake.

Also, is his Google Play Store account (email) the same as his Google search account or different? 

Thanks, 

Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mini,

Thank you very much for a quick reply. I can provide the info with some delay, as I was waiting for their answers for a while.

1. The app was downloaded directly from Google play with the same account under which the search is done.
2. The app has not been uninstalled by mistake.
3. the account In Google Play is the same account with which she searched in Google.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Weronika

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Thanks for confirming these details. I will look into this further and keep you posted.