Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

The majority of my ads are getting clicked by mobile users. Why is this? I understand enhanced campaigns but why did my ads attract 80% more mobile users than desktop in the ads auction.

My site is not responsive so I am not getting any conversions from mobile traffic. I have now turned mobile off until I make our site responsive.

Thanks Sue

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sue, the answer is most likely that your product/service and/or Keywords and/or Placements are popular with mobile users, it's difficult to be more constructive without some details of the Campaign(s) you're running and the nature of the business.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Mobile Ads

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) It can be your bids , too low for your desktop competitors. If on mobiles for the same keywords , others have already set -100% for mobiles , the competition could be much lower and the bids enough to gain those 80% of traffic just for mobiles.

What is the desktop bid compared to the estimated "First page bid" column or the "Top of page bid". What is the avg. pos. for desktops only , is it close to 8 or 9 out of 11 ?

2) It could be a higher bid adjustment for mobile like 200% more for mobiles.

3) It could be a setting in the Ads , if you checked the Mobile prefference for all the Ads , they show up on mobiles for the majority of impressions.