1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Misspelled keywords with 10/10 quality

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a lot of active misspelled keywords with 10/10 quality score within ad groups. Should I remove these? Are they harming my account/ad group QS? 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashley E
September 2015

Re: Misspelled keywords with 10/10 quality

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

if the keywords are getting no impressions then they aren't really of any benefit. It depends how long of a time period you have had them showing but if they had no impressions for a whole day then they may not be worthwhile showing. Google will stop showing your Adwords anyway because of low search volume.

You are right to say that high QS will have a beneficial affect on your Ad Group QS and the overall well being of your Ad Group but if it is not going to gain any clicks I would remove it.

regards

Feilim

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Ashley, overall Quality Score is only influenced by elements that have an active part in the Account.  If your Keywords are receiving 0 impressions and 0 clicks then they're not actually contributing to the Account in any way.

I would caution that if they've received no clicks and impressions the Quality Score you're seeing probably isn't "yours".  AdWords can only evaluation Quality Score for a specific Account once a Keyword actually has it's own data (which is logical when you consider one of the major components of Quality Score is CTR) so what you're seeing with these Keywords is an assessment of their Quality Score based upon the performance of others.  Rather than being beneficial to your Account, if you leave these Keywords in the most likely outcome is that they'll eventually accrue a handful of impressions and become active and may do so at a much lower QS.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I should probably also mention that I am utilising the 'Near Match' function in these campaigns, so most of the search volume for the misspellings is in fact going through the correctly spelled keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashley

I don't think they are harming you if you have a QS of 10. I would simply edit the misspelling so it was spelt correct.

Make sure your CTR and conversion rate are good as well as your QS.

regards

Feilim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
These keywords are getting 0 impressions/clicks/conversions. So I assume if they are not harming me at all they could stay or go.

But on the other side of the coin if I remove them my overall number of keywords with a Quality score of 10 will decrease, will this impact my account QS?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

if the keywords are getting no impressions then they aren't really of any benefit. It depends how long of a time period you have had them showing but if they had no impressions for a whole day then they may not be worthwhile showing. Google will stop showing your Adwords anyway because of low search volume.

You are right to say that high QS will have a beneficial affect on your Ad Group QS and the overall well being of your Ad Group but if it is not going to gain any clicks I would remove it.

regards

Feilim
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Ashley, overall Quality Score is only influenced by elements that have an active part in the Account.  If your Keywords are receiving 0 impressions and 0 clicks then they're not actually contributing to the Account in any way.

I would caution that if they've received no clicks and impressions the Quality Score you're seeing probably isn't "yours".  AdWords can only evaluation Quality Score for a specific Account once a Keyword actually has it's own data (which is logical when you consider one of the major components of Quality Score is CTR) so what you're seeing with these Keywords is an assessment of their Quality Score based upon the performance of others.  Rather than being beneficial to your Account, if you leave these Keywords in the most likely outcome is that they'll eventually accrue a handful of impressions and become active and may do so at a much lower QS.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the help with this, I think we've come to a conclusion.

Thanks for making my first interaction with this forum a smooth one!