Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Misc. Questions

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I am totally new to PPC and adwords.

Can any one suggest me what are the points that should be kept in mind while optimizing a campaign???

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sauravchoudhury
September 2015

Re: Misc. Questions

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi
Welcome to Adwords community.
I would suggest you should go through all the chapters on adwords certification help. If possible I would also encourage you to go for the fundamental certification exam. It will help you to understand a lot of concepts.

Keep in mind there is no quick fix to this and learning curve can be quite steep in some cases so dont get discouraged if you dont understand some concept. You can always post your questions on Adwords Community.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Interesting question - I think we should all put just one key thing to keep an eye on...

Mine would be:

Configure a meaningful conversion and keep an eye on the cost per conversion

For me this is the most important number - provided this is within acceptable limits everything else is secondary.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi
Welcome to Adwords community.
I would suggest you should go through all the chapters on adwords certification help. If possible I would also encourage you to go for the fundamental certification exam. It will help you to understand a lot of concepts.

Keep in mind there is no quick fix to this and learning curve can be quite steep in some cases so dont get discouraged if you dont understand some concept. You can always post your questions on Adwords Community.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Interesting question - I think we should all put just one key thing to keep an eye on...

Mine would be:

Configure a meaningful conversion and keep an eye on the cost per conversion

For me this is the most important number - provided this is within acceptable limits everything else is secondary.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

@ Stickleback, good idea about us each writing one item :-)

Hi sauravchoudhury

My one suggestion would be to check your search terms report to see the actual search queries that are triggering your ads. From there you can get ideas of what to include in your keyword list, and also what you should add to a negative keyword list. You can also see the match type column in this report to find out how closely the actual search term matched your keyword, it can help you to choose appropriate match types for your keywords. Here's some information about this-

Search terms report

I hope you find this useful Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I really liked your suggessition.I want to clearify a thing i.e few time after adding a keyword as negative some keywords are repetedly coming in the search term in the next month. Can you tell me what might be the reason.