Guide Me
star_border

Migrating Target CPA adgroups to Flexible bid strategy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know a way to migrate Target CPA adgroups into flexible bid strategy in a bulk way? Doing it manually would be just nonsense and would take a looot of time :/

Re: Migrating Target CPA adgroups to Flexible bid strategy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Mario M,

Are you wanting to change the ad group strategy to a different strategy for select ad groups? One way that comes to mind of bulk changing, would be to allow all your ad groups to use the campaign bid strategy and thus just change the campaign level bid strategy affecting all ad groups within that campaign.

You could then change one or 2 ad groups that you would want on a different strategy.

This would probably be easiest to achieve using the ad words editor.

There may be an easier way using a .csv file but as I have never used this method to change bid strategies I am unfamiliar with it. But shall do some testing if the above suggestion is insufficient.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mário M
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Mario M,

I have fiddled around with the ad words editor and found a way to make bulk changes via excel sheet.

If you have not set up your strategies look here for everything on bid strategies:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en

For adwords editor information refer to this link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375449?hl=en&rd=1

If you have used all before I will explain here so that you can go a out and make the changes.

Download your campaign to the adwords editor

Make sure the account is selected in the left hand column

Go to adgroup tab
file > Export spreadshhet (CSV) > export current view

open this downloaded file. I would then suggest deleting all columns but the "Campaign", "Bid Strategy Type", "Bid Strategy Name", columns.

Make your edits there (give each ad group its new bid strategy information), save file in same format, and go back to editor
File > import csv > from file

import the changes and review
then upload to your adwords account.

Let me know of this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Clynton M,

Yep, we had the same idea. That was more or less what I have managed to do. Had to create all the strategies I wanted within the shared library and then just export, edit and import like you said.

Worked fine.
Thank you for your help and time.