AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Mid week performance deadspot

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon ladies and Gents...

I'd like to get a sample of opinion on an issue we are facing on one of my accounts...

I have an account that is doing very well overall but experiences a Wed/Thu dip in conversions every week far outside a normal distribution.   The primary volume metrics are very close to the averages  - impressions (very close), aPOS virtually the same, CTR, perhaps a 5-7% drop... conversions though drop way down - often in half, cost/conv spikes way higher - double +

These are reasonably big ticket consumer items - AOV over $150 in competitive markets, sold nationwide with no storefronts - B2C.   100K spend/month, 25000+ impressions/day.

I am jsut curious if/when others have faced this, if you had a strategy or two that you have used to boost performance, or perhaps you might have lowered CPCs to save a little bread..  

Any experiences you could convey would be appreciated.

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mid week performance deadspot

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

It's not unusual for an industry to have days where conversions are down. In fact, it's very common. It's quite possible that your "serious" buyers just don't purchase (much) during those two days.

The traffic you're seeing on those slow days may be people researching later purchases--you'd need to do experimentation to figure that out.

Just my $0.02

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*