AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Merge 1 ad-group into another camp without loosing history?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have two seperate campaigns each with one adgroup only.

Ad groups are called "Natural" and one called "Organic"  both search only in camps of the same name.

Is there a way for me to move either of the ad groups in to the other camp so one camp has two ad groups. Without loosing my history on the one im moving. 

I can manually copy ad group info and make a new ad group in the other camp and move it over, but thn I loose all my history...

Ids there a way to do this, and keep history? 

Thanks in advance. Fred 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nilsson1967
September 2015

Re: Merge 1 ad-group into another camp without loosing history?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

When you move any campaign component to a different place, the "history" does not move with it, if you mean the performance stats.

You'll always be able to see the data for how the Ad Group performed in the original campaign if you look at the original campaign but it will start fresh in the other campaign.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Merge 1 ad-group into another camp without loosing history?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the case. I have to many ad groups that could be organized a little better. I was trying to clean up a bit. But I have to live with the mess I guess. I so often ned to look at 3 or 7 month long charts and they wont be there anymore if I move them...I think I wil just leave it alone...

Thanks again..