AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Maximizing Impressisions for Display Remarketing Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello

I'm looking for ideas on how a competitor is using Display Remarketing much better than I've ever seen.

Am well versed with Display Remarketing Ads. Have done at least 15 campaigns. Use all the display sizes

and have delivery settings on Accelerated and no cap in impressions.

Have done CPC and Viewable impressions bidding in the past.   Usually we get good results(high impressions minimal clicks) and I use

this for clients who want Branding Awareness with users who have been to their site.  

I usually put all Creatives with All Display sizes into one Campaign and Ad Group.

There is one competitor in our area that seems to be capturing most of the GDN sizes every time I visit the site. He's everywhere... on the sites I visit. 

This is similar to what I've seen Yelp do and what Google Did for Google Home and their other products during the holiday season.

So my question is how do you capture massive impressions in a targeted area on a campaign. Is this all about setting the CPC to $200 or so per click or is there any other best practice or setup tip I'm missing out on.

Thanks for any responses... I'll answer any other background questions in responses. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gordon S;

Have you split the ad-groups based on banner sizes?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe

thanks for answering..

What is your best practice of the sizes?

I have used up to 9 sizes in the past.

How do you split the sizes, into how many groups?

I can see mobile vs. desktop but do you segment more than that?

What's your best bidding method?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Have you tried CPM bidding with Responsive ad for Display?

Create "Display Network only" campaign and select "Viewable CPM" Bid Strategy.
When creating ads, select "Responsive ad" option.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yitzchak

I've done Viewable CPM at a high CPM price $15-$30CPM. Did this in normal creatives in up to 9 sizes...

I have never picked the responsive CPM Ad format..you are saying I should give that a try?

Re: Maximizing Impressisions for Display Remarketing Ads

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Gordon S;

I ask the graphic designer to provide all  banner sizes. 

Depending on the budget, the best would be one banner  size per  ad-group (so you can give each size a different bid). However, this involves a lot of labor: break them into 5 ad-groups: text ad,  small banners, medium size banner,  large size, and extra large.

In terms of bidding: I always use at least two targeting methods: keywords (targeting) -is essential, plus at one or two other targeting methods.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Maximizing Impressisions for Display Remarketing Ads

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Gordon S,

Along with all of the great advice, I wanted to verify that you did not pick up the competitor's remarketing pixel and therefore are being targeted with their ads?

From there, I would take in the following info:

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, I am flooded with impressions when using CPM bidding with Responsive ad for Display.
I am not getting many impressions when using normal creatives.