AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Match Type

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I want to ask a simple question to the community.

Why are keywords kept in exact match type?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sauravchoudhury
September 2015

Re: Match Type

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Saurav,

If I understood your question correctly, exact match type keywords are those with the highest level of precedence and when someone enters the exact query which you have inside your account in exact macth type, the relevancy of that query would match exactly to your keyword and there are chances that your ad might have a higher ad position than those competiting against you.

Higher relevancy is certainly which Google is looking for when ad auction is performed and the more the relevancy is, more are the chances of getting qualified traffic to your website with qualified ROI.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not quite follow your question.

There are four main match types broad, broad match modifier phrase and exact.

This article will provide some information on each.

If thi isn't what you're looking for please provide a bit more information and I will certainly help in any way I can.

Ryan.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sauravchoudhury
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Saurav,

If I understood your question correctly, exact match type keywords are those with the highest level of precedence and when someone enters the exact query which you have inside your account in exact macth type, the relevancy of that query would match exactly to your keyword and there are chances that your ad might have a higher ad position than those competiting against you.

Higher relevancy is certainly which Google is looking for when ad auction is performed and the more the relevancy is, more are the chances of getting qualified traffic to your website with qualified ROI.

Just a thought!

Pankaj