AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Many of my ads have high impression rates but low/no clicks - is there any way I can change this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am relatively new to adwords and am still getting the hang of it. Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Many of my ads have high impression rates but low/no clicks - is there any way I can change this

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Newbie,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

High impressions could be due to many reasons. Few includes:

You  are targeting Google Display Network, which has the tendancy to build the impressions first and then later you start accruing clicks.

Your ads are not appealing and not attracting online users to click on it. For that you need to focuss on compelling ads with good call to actions defining the product/service you are targeting.

Probably you are bidding low as compared to other advertisers and due to that your ad is not ranking high enough to get good exposure.

Keep a check on few things I mentioned and probably you need to fix the account accordingly to get your account running in terms of clicks, cost and conversions.

Being a newbie, I would strongly ecnourage you to read the basics of Adwords here, Wiki section of the Community and then come out with a strategy to cut the competition prevailing in digital paid advertising.

Let us know if that helps and wish you success!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Many of my ads have high impression rates but low/no clicks - is there any way I can change this

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 

here are some things you might want to try

1. Check your average ad position 

2. If its lower than 3 then try improvements in keeping smaller adgroups, better landing pages, more relevant ad copies

3. Check your impression share and see if its possible to have more impression share by better segregation of KW

4. Check your Quality score and try improving that

5. check how much impression share you are loosing due to budget as well as QS

There are no exact solutions for this but this can be a good start

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello & Welcome To Our Community:

There are several possible reasons why you are getting a lot of impressions but rarely to be clicked.

1.Your Keywords Maybe In Broad

Example: If you are selling USED CAR and you are using car as your keyword.

The tendency, your ads will be showing even though I searched for new car.

2. Your Ads Maybe In Lower Rank

Example: Your ads maybe showing on the first page but not high enough to position profitably.

3. Your Ad Copy May not be compelling enough to make them click

Example:  Your ads maybe too generic & does not capture interest.

4.  Your Ads already includes your Phone Number

Example: The customer may simply call you right away rather than clicking on your ads

5. You Have Too Many Irrelevant Keywords & Not Specifically Targeted to what your ad promise.

Example : You are promoting used car and your keywords list includes car repair, car accessories, car insurance just to drive traffic.

Enjoy this juicy article Tips for Success

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine