Many of my ads have high impression rates but low/no clicks - is there any way I can change this?
Welcome to the forum
High impressions could be due to many reasons. Few includes:
You are targeting Google Display Network, which has the tendancy to build the impressions first and then later you start accruing clicks.
Your ads are not appealing and not attracting online users to click on it. For that you need to focuss on compelling ads with good call to actions defining the product/service you are targeting.
Probably you are bidding low as compared to other advertisers and due to that your ad is not ranking high enough to get good exposure.
Keep a check on few things I mentioned and probably you need to fix the account accordingly to get your account running in terms of clicks, cost and conversions.
Being a newbie, I would strongly ecnourage you to read the basics of Adwords here, Wiki section of the Community and then come out with a strategy to cut the competition prevailing in digital paid advertising.
Let us know if that helps and wish you success!
here are some things you might want to try
1. Check your average ad position
2. If its lower than 3 then try improvements in keeping smaller adgroups, better landing pages, more relevant ad copies
3. Check your impression share and see if its possible to have more impression share by better segregation of KW
4. Check your Quality score and try improving that
5. check how much impression share you are loosing due to budget as well as QS
There are no exact solutions for this but this can be a good start
Hello & Welcome To Our Community:
There are several possible reasons why you are getting a lot of impressions but rarely to be clicked.
1.Your Keywords Maybe In Broad
Example: If you are selling USED CAR and you are using car as your keyword.
The tendency, your ads will be showing even though I searched for new car.
2. Your Ads Maybe In Lower Rank
Example: Your ads maybe showing on the first page but not high enough to position profitably.
3. Your Ad Copy May not be compelling enough to make them click
Example: Your ads maybe too generic & does not capture interest.
4. Your Ads already includes your Phone Number
Example: The customer may simply call you right away rather than clicking on your ads
5. You Have Too Many Irrelevant Keywords & Not Specifically Targeted to what your ad promise.
Example : You are promoting used car and your keywords list includes car repair, car accessories, car insurance just to drive traffic.
Enjoy this juicy article Tips for Success