AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Manual CPC + Enhanced CPC enabled vs. Flexible Enhanced CPC strategy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Currently, it is possible to enable CPC enhancements on campaign level in two ways:

1) setting bidding strategy to: Manual CPC + Enable Enhanced CPC option

2) or attaching flexible Enhanced CPC strategy (from shared library)

The question is: are there any differences between them? I mean: differences in how AdWords engine will work with each of them while auto-adjusting bids?

Best regards,

Robert.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert R
January 2016

Re: Manual CPC + Enhanced CPC enabled vs. Flexible Enhanced CPC strate

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
There are no differences in how AdWords engine will work with each of them but flexible strategy you can attach to specific ad groups.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert R
January 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
There are no differences in how AdWords engine will work with each of them but flexible strategy you can attach to specific ad groups.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One AdWords rep told me the following recently and I was wondering if you guys have the same understanding of how this works:

"The Manual CPC with the Enhanced option enabled, the control will be taken by us to make the bid changes manually for each keyword.

Where in the smart bidding of Enhanced CPC will be taken care by system to work on Bids Automatically based on the priority of the keywords and it doesn't work the same way with Manual CPC with the Enhanced option enabled."

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is really interesting. It is even more, taking into account AdWords has removed flexible/shared ECPC support in the newest (at the moment) version of API (201806), in favor of Manual CPC with ECPC option enabled - as described here: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/release-notes/v201806#general