AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Managing ads and keywords when working with lots of products...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there community!

I've got a little problem here.. I'm working with a big company in Venezuela that's publicicing lots of products that relate to one another in some type or form.. My question is: What could i do to avoid triggering ads or keywords from other ad groups in my other campaings instead of the one that i choose to trigger?  

Thanks of the support!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managing ads and keywords when working with lots of products...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Julio and welcome to the forum!  Good question!

In my opinion, the answer is really one of organisation.  You'll need to look at the unique keywords for each product/group and those shared keywords and then treat them differently.  How I'd probably do this is to run groups/campaigns for the unique keywords and employ ads that make use of their "uniqueness".  Then, for the keywords that apply to multiple products, I'd use more general ads, suited to the more general nature of the match.

For example, lets say I run an online shoe shop.  I sell running shoes and ballet shoes.  I could use the keyword "+running +shoes" and have ads about my range of running shoes, and "+ballet +shoes" and have ads targeted at my ballet shoes.  However I could also have "+shoes +online" (or similar) and just have generic ads about my online shoe store.

Some of this organisation may require changes or adaption to the actual website as you'll want the landing pages to be as relevant as possible, even when using the more general keywords.

Hope this helps.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello JulioLaprea; welcome;

This is a tough question with many approaches to tackle it

We have discussed it in the past for different scenarios.

Please run the following search term in the community search box (at the top of the page). You'll find many in-depth discussions on the topic:

When several keywords match a search query

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But if i'm working with same category but different brands.. I can't make a generic campaign and a targeted one.. I need to have them as they are but avoid triggering other ads or keywords. What do you recommend?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi JulioLaprea,

I have on ly one suggestion for you. Make extensive use of negative keywords to prevent ads from the wrong ad group from appearing.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Using a bard-name in a number of ad-groups is a hard task...

Another method I  have found useful: if you target more than one language, have a separate ad-group for the brand-name in its local language wording / spelling. (e.g in one ad-group it will be in English, and in another it will be in its Spanish spelling)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’