Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Managed placement And Contextual Targeting

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

I am running a display campaign for one of my real state client, I am using keywords with some managed placement websites.

The campaign is two week old now and most of the clicks the campaign has received is from automatic placements, managed placements seems to be not working, The campaign has received very less no of clicks or impression from the managed placements. however, when I choose those website, display planner showed millions of cookies estimation but, surprisingly I have not received even 1% of  traffic from managed placement, all my traffic is coming from automatic placements.  

To my understating when your are using multiple targeting setting in one ad group, your ad will be shown when all you condition are met.  

So can some one please put some light why managed placement is not working however it showed very high traffic. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managed placement And Contextual Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Bubble;

Correct; the default, when, more than one targeting method is used, the AND condition apply

Managed placements + keywords are one of my favorites targeting methods, on display, to narrow the targeting only to relevant pages.

Two reasons that might be the cause for low impressions: either your targeting method is too narrow, or the bid is too low,

How many keywords are you using?: 8-15 keywords will do to define a theme that will be matched to relevant pages 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe: Currently I am using around 20 keywords, targeting option are keywords+managed placements , I have excluded age group between 18-25.

As far as the bid is concern, the bid are moderate, they are not too high or too low.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Odino,

Like Moshe said, I think you have refined your targeting too much. If you are using a combination of keywords + Placements then that it self narrows down your targeting plus the fact that you have negated an set of age group will lead to your ad being shown to only those set of users who are on the webpage on the selected website with relevant content on them based on the Keywords that you have targeted and when they fall under your criteria for age group targeting.

If you wish to increase your visibility and capture more traffic from these managed placements then One way you could do this is by removing the keywords from your targeting. This will definitely boost your visibility but can affect your lead/ traffic quality. So you need to take a call here.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I agree with @ShashankSingh. Please be caution if you decide to target by placements only. That may increase traffic, but users might not convert.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’