AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Manage Placements

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can we use same manage placement in 2 campaigns????

1. First campaign use only manage placement + Keyword targetting with Specific reach.

2. Second campaign use placement + keyword with broad reach..

please suggess, is it ok ?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kernel
September 2015

Re: Manage Placements

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Kernel,

Sure you can do that. Only one ad from your account will be served so there is no problem with doing that.

You may want to even create a third campaign with no keywords and specific reach Smiley Wink It really depends on what your goals are and how much control you want in your serving. If you have very specific reach setup (topics/interests) the keywords may not be necessary. I will leave that to you of course because I don't know what you are marketing and what your goals are. I just wanted to plant the seed Smiley Wink

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kernel;

Different keywords on these 2 campaigns?

Different Landing page?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

What i understand that you want to run separate campaign for broad and specific reach for same campaign adgroups/keywords/adcopies? Am i right?
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kernel,

Ya you can do that no issue, but only one thing you should take care of that is keyword should be different. 

This Treat will help you to understand what problem occurs if you use same keywords in different ad groups.

Hope this helps

Regards

-Vicky

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
yes, you are right.

i have only 4 keywords in broad match selected campaign and 15 keywords in specific reach campaign.
4 keywords in both campaign are similar. so is it ok ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kernel
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Kernel,

Sure you can do that. Only one ad from your account will be served so there is no problem with doing that.

You may want to even create a third campaign with no keywords and specific reach Smiley Wink It really depends on what your goals are and how much control you want in your serving. If you have very specific reach setup (topics/interests) the keywords may not be necessary. I will leave that to you of course because I don't know what you are marketing and what your goals are. I just wanted to plant the seed Smiley Wink

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kernel,

Two targeting mechanisms (Keywords & placements together in a campaign) with 'Broad Reach' will not work in tandem. Broad Reach allows Google to show your ads on those websites that match your primary targeting method. This means that your ad will be shown on any websites that match your keywords most often. AdWords says:

"Broad reach: Show ads on pages that match my primary targeting method

With this setting, your ad appears when your primary targeting method matches. If you have more than one targeting method, the bid of the most specific targeting method is used.

For example, if you have keywords and placements, the ad appears wherever the keywords (primary targeting method) match. When the keywords and placements match, the placement bid (most specific bid) is used."

When using 'Specific Reach', AdWords will show your ads on those webpages that match both your targeting methods, that is, the webpages on the placements that you selected that have content related to your keywords. In this way, both the targeting methods work together.

In response to your question, yes you can target the same placements in two campaigns but the Broad and Specific reach targeting will work as mentioned above. What will have a bigger effect is the keywords used in each campaign.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
ok
Thanks for your suggession Kim and convonix.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I am returning late to this discussion. I would just add a side comment:

With the "new display tab" in place, I don't think that you need 15 keywords. The new display tab offers you the ability to bid for a single keyword on your display campaign. 5-10 keywords will suffice.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’