AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Made changes to Campaign and 1st page bid estimate skyrocketed - help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My campaign has been about the same for the past two years - one ad group contains one ad and 28 keywords and the other ad group contains a different ad and 14 keywords.  The quality score averaged less than 5.  In order to increase the quality scores, I thought it would be better to divide the keywords and make them more relevant to the ads. Today I created four ad groups, one with three ads, one with two ads, and two with one ad each. I divided the keywords among the ad groups. The new quality scores show an increase, however ...

Yesterday, the first page bid estimate was averaging $1.03. Now it is averaging $3.20.  Is there a reason for this?  Is there a chance they will decrease?

I appreciate any help available.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Made changes to Campaign and 1st page bid estimate skyrocketed - h

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

• I would put aside for a moment the "estimate for first page bid"  (since it is  an "estimate" - not an actual CPC) and look at the actual price you paid. If the QS has improved, then you should pay less per click - has the cost per click reduced?
  • What happened to the CTR after dividing into ad-groups- has it improved?

And an important point: let the system run for a few days, after making the changes, so it would reach its "new steady state". Only then we could analyze the data. At the moment, we are  in a "transit" mode.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’