AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Made Location Changes and Traffic Went Down - How to Improve

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I was looking into the analytics performance of past 6 months in terms of which cities convert the most and pulled out 30 cities from I have had more than 250 conversions in 6 months / citi. I added those 30 cities in all campaigns of my adwords account.

Now, I didnt change the budget (as it doesnt get consumed more than 50%) but I did increase the CPC of all the keywords by 30%.

All this was supposed to increase the traffic for sure at least if not the conversion. But since past 2 days the traffic has gone down but the budget is getting consumed in the same manner. Should I remove the cities I have added or what should I do?

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Made Location Changes and Traffic Went Down - How to Improve

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hmm... Interesting;
It seems that the ads are not getting impressions in these new locations.
How is the QSs?
Check the impression share due to rank.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Thanks for the revert!

Impression share 54.21%. Avg Position 2.3. Can't check the Avg quality but its above average.

Should I revert those cities and keep original one?

Chris

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Forgot to mention that during the evening time the flow of orders increases during 5-8 in evnening. Earlier the same was during afternoon and evening both. How to also make sure that the flow of traffic and clicks throughout the day. (sorry for a question within a question but thats how its behaving).

Thanks,

chris

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

A second... Is this impression share due to rank in these locations? 

What do you mean you can't check the QS?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’