1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC Admin access is changed to Read Only :(

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I think there could be 2 situations in this case , you could be :

1) the owner of the email address of an AdWords account that is linked to an MCC account (as client for a PPC agency ) OR

2) the owner of an email address of an My Client Center account that has 1 or more AdWords account linked to it

It sounds to me that this change can happen only if the owner of the "email address login for the AdWords account" changes the MMC privileges for administering the account , like in one of your Clients changed it's preference for your MCC from administrator to read only. Of course this is just an assumption but if this is the case you cannot enforce the "undo" of the client preference. [Edit] The solution is to ask the adwords account holder ( aka the Client) to revert your access level, perhaps he/she is just upset about something [Edit]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1) i am the owner of the mcc and the email that is linked to the MCC are same, since we haven't given access to anyone to the main MCC , only child accounts under it has been given read only, standard or read only api access
2)no more accounts are linked to MCC only recovery email id has been attched to gmail

is this is some kind of bug i think from api center ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you mean by "Main MCC" do you have a Main MCC and multiple "Child MCCs" linked to it ?

As far as I know the "Levels of account access" is a feature only for AdWords accounts not for MCCs. So for someone to access the data from the MCC interface they have to have access to the single email address that was used to create the MCC account. There are no multiple levels of acces to an MCC like an administrator person AND a read only person. 

Just to understand your problem better : for example what actions cannot be done by you since you have received the "Read only" notification ? What were you able to do as an administrator of the MCC account and you are not able to do now ?

If anything happened through API , your best shot is to call Google's free phone support directly, since they can investigate into accounts and the Community members cannot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Main MCC refer to the 1 mcc that i am discussing here no other child mcc's are linked in it

As as Administrator i was able to create edit child accounts , edit campaigns of child accounts

Now i can only view them a TV all other privileges are not available on dashboard

I am a certified partner so i know what features Admin access has and since its changed to read only its something unusual going on

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for answering to my supplementary questions, I was simply unsure of what you were describing since it seems like something that should never happen to the owner of the MMC login email.

I understand now the problem is that you cannot even create any more AdWords accounts using the MCC interface.

Since it is an undocumented situation, your only solution is calling the free phone support. There could be other forum users around here who experienced the same problem and could provide feedback but the quickest way to resolve it is by asking Google Support to investigate.

I tried to help you to the best of my knowledge, I am sorry that I cannot help any further.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sevnainfotech
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Sevnainfotech,

First off, I've never come across a situation where Clients can change your MCC Admin rights. They can only revoke access to their particular account. I think this could be something else.

Honestly, even after all the back and forth here, I still don't fully understand what the issue is so let's dig a little deeper and see if we can't find a solution.

From what I can tell.

1. You have an MCC that you own...no issue there. You have only one account within your MCC right?.
2. You created an AdWords account from within the MCC (something I actually avoid at all costs myself and highly suggest everyone avoid but that is a different discussion).
3. You provided the client some level of access to the account and NOT the MCC.
4. Something happened and you no longer can manage this client account nor can you execute any regular MCC tasks (creating accounts etc...)

Questions:

When you're at the front page of your MCC and view My Account > Account Access - this will show you any and all accounts linked to the MCC itself. Are you still listed there with administrative access or is this where you see 'Read Only'? Are any other Google accounts listed on this page as having access to the MCC? If so, is there any chance you're logged in with the wrong account?

Next, if you still can, click into this Client account inside of your MCC and view the same page (My Account > Account Access). Are you still listed as a Client Manager? What does your access type say?

This information should paint a nice picture of what is happening here. If you'd like to explore further, let us know what you find out.

-Tommy

EDIT:  I see that you have an additional thread ongoing about this same issue.  My apologies if you've already gone through the process I've outlined.  This sort of thing happens when you have multiple threads going.  It's best to try and keep issues isolated when possible.  

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot everyone for your quick suggestions and respective solutions, my issues was resolved from Google Engage Team with 24 hrs , it was a routine checkup from their end to ensure eveything was ok with the MCC and we are in full authorisation or not , well this precautions was to prevent the high funding MCC FROM fraudulent attempts or unauthorised access , after giving few answers and a warm talk all is ok Smiley Happy