Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Lower bid on Exact Match?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If Exact match search query for a keywords is costing more (high CPA), can we add it as exact match and lower bid, or justadd it as exact negative? Which one is better option.

exact match.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Re: Lower bid on Exact Match?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Anil,

If one particular exact match keyword is giving you conversion at very high CPA w.r.t. the Aggregated CPA of Campaigns, I would suggest add that keywords in negative. If you keep this keyword with lower CPA, it would triggers from the other broad match keywords.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rakesh, I also did the same.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anil, that particular Keyword already has quite a low average position so reducing the CPC will probably result only in yet poorer performance as it's CTR drops.  It's really hard to give any advice here without knowing:

#1  What ROAS this Keyword returns.  $71 could be a high CPA, or it could be very cheap, it depends on the value of the conversion.

#2  What time period this is over.  If you're getting 5 conversions every day (all of the same type) and one of those 5 is costing 10 -20 times as much as the others, I'd certainly consider pausing it but it does still depend upon #1 above.  

#3  What the nature of the conversion is.  Is this a lead, a page view, a sale?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Its all time data. The adgroups has lots of keywords, overall cpa is good.
My targeted CPA is $20. conversion is lead.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Anil, what is "all time"? Days? Weeks? Years? If you've only had 5 conversions over any reasonable period of time then I'd suggest you can't afford to "dump" any converting Keyword. Given the nature of the keywords you're using I'd suggest the value of a converting lead will be a lot more than $20. Is that figure calculated from real lead to sale conversion data or something else?

Jon
AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits