5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low search volume

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone else feel this pain? Low search volumes results for specific regional keywords. A really frustrating problm that is becoming increasingly common and is just as frustrating every time!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Low search volume

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I am sure many of us have felt that pain.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Pains are harder to contain when you don't understand them.

One of my clients wanted that a curtain professional expression will leed to his website. When I entered this expression as a keyword to his campaign, I got that red flag of LSV (Low Search Volume). And here is the point-of-pain: When I checked in the Keywords tool, I found out that the number of searches of that expression was ten times higher(!) than other keywords from the same campaign, which didn't carry that painful LSV flag.

Pain, but no Gain

Arnon

Google AdWords Certified Partner

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
According to me i think we have to bid on LSV equivalent to the same keyword which is trigeering search query, by doing do CTR will be high, and next time it will be shown..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yep, I don't get the purpose of "Low Search Volume" status labeling of keywords. I have created an ad for specific keywords, a landing page for these keywords, and I only need a few clicks to make this worthwhile, yet Google is deciding that because only a few people search for it they'll make the keyword inactive !? This does not make sense to me; it means that a highly relevant ad is not being shown and less relevant ads are; this is not what Google is about surely!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.