AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low search volume keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can i get the Adwords Automate to auto pause the Low Search Volume Keywords? I tried apply to all keyword, then selected status, then put checkbox in Not triggering ads: critical issues and Not eligible to run  click preview it says if this runs now nothing will change. Its annoying ive got many thousands of keywords i want to pause the low search volume ones its annoying basically. Also for some reason the low search volume status is not avialable to see in adwords editor, also annoying. Ps.. i do believe that having low search volume words knocks down the overall quality score of your account   

Re: Low search volume keywords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello John S ! Welcome to the AdWords Community !

To pause or delete low volume keywords you can use the Filter button (with no automated rules ). Just follow the sequence : keyword tab / filter / Status / deselect all options and keep only "Eligible limited = Low search volume" like here

filter-out-low-search-volume.png

However from this thread : link   ,   I understand that they do not have a bad impact on the account other than cluttering the scenery.

I myself keep such keywords in a special ad group because some of them trigger conversions even if they do it once per month. Conversions is the indicator of "usefulness" you can follow.

Does this answer your question ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have read a lot about "Low Search Volume" and some people are convinced that they affect the QS of the account. I never got any evidence of that from Google. Their answer was vague and not clear. It seems that nobody has the answer. From my point of view, I don't see why Google would penalize advertisers for having highly relevant Kws in their campaign !?! I see these Kws as a first aid kit in a car. Would you get rid of it because you haven't got any accident after a few months...

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone

I am with Adrian that "low search volume" doesn't affect your accounts QS. As per my understanding, since CTR is the major constituent for QS and if your keywords are not getting Impressions then there is no point of having neither a good CTR nor the bad CTR, so no affect.

Also when you hover mouse over the speech bubble of low search volume status then it also says something like this" you don't need to do anything and check again in a week. If more people start searching for your keyword, we'll start showing your ad".
I also read a blog on PPCHero related to this where it is written"Be weary of the power in numbers – Low search volume keywords won’t hurt your account quality score, unless you have a significant amount of keywords accruing small impressions with dismal CTR. If this is the case, it is time to do some house cleaning." Its one and the same thing that if you are not receiving impressions then there is not point of having good or bad CTR means no affect on QS.

Read this PPCHero blog for more:
http://www.ppchero.com/the-what-why-and-how-on-low-search-volume-keywords/

I hope this helps!

Abhishek