Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low quality score of certain keywords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Some of the kps in our ad groups are having low quality score like 1 & 2. While we checked closely, we found that though the kps are quite relevant with the ad texts, the quality scores are low. It's not that their CTRs were poor that's why Google penalized those since they ran for a quite short time and failed to get any impression.

So my question is why their QSs are so low? Should we try to create more than 1 ad copy in a single ad group? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low quality score of certain keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

IF QS is 1 or 2, it should be some real problems, wrong settings, or tottaly bad landing page.

I should start analyzing landing page, for every that keyword.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mainak B,

Low QS is most likely based on other adver6tisers' experience with that keyword.

Any keyword in an AdGroup can trigger an ad within the group, so creating more than one ad in the group won't address this issue, but you really should have more than one ad in each of your ad groups, one control and one test.

In this case, you might create a new ad group with those keywords and write ad copy that will get clicks for those keywords. It's likely you will still get a low QS. If you are absolutely sure you want to use those keywords, you'll have to bid pretty high on them. When you do get them to show, you'll need a good CTR or the QS will stay low.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mainak,

If your keyword's QS is low, then it is a problem to be worried. This means that the keyword is not that good to create relevant user experience. AdWords is all about creating relevant user experience, and keywords form critical part of this process. I would suggest you once again review your ad copy, landing page and keywords. Creating one more ad copy won't serve any purpose, unless you attain balance between your ad copy, landing page and keywords. Try to use keyword planner to find more keyword ideas. Try variations with match types if possible. If you are in a niche segment, then be careful in choosing match types.

Try to run keyword diagnosis to see what's wrong with the keyword. If your campaign is old, then I would suggest you to run stats for at least two months to get enough data to analyze the problem.

I hope this helps.
Kapil M