Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low quality score due to previous team, do I have to start new account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I manage an account with a very low quality score due to the bad work of the previous team.

I fixed a lot of problems and now we have a good CTR and Conv / Rate, but our quality score is still very low and it's gonna take a while to get a good one.

I was thinking about starting a brand new account, so we can restart on a good base.

Is any one had this kind of problem?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low quality score due to previous team, do I have to start new acc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

That could work. But make sure that you close the current account BEFORE, opening a new one, not to violate the double serving policy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Low quality score due to previous team, do I have to start new acc

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I would never open a new account as there's no guarantee. Just build on what you have, you do say CTRs are improving. I've taken poorly performing accounts before and made them better. It sometimes means to restart fresh, especially if it's a very poorly structured account.

But if you do open another account, yes, close the current one. I'd suggest calling Google and let them know. You don't want them to think you are trying to circumvent any rules and shut you down completely, another reason I say to stick with your current account.