AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low bid/ Low budget with high impressions and rank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I choose a low bid price and low daily budget that estimates getting me no clicks but lots of impressions with a high ranking is this a good strategy for Google Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low bid/ Low budget with high impressions and rank

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Doc,

Welcome to AdWords community Smiley Happy

If you use low bids it does not mean you will get high impression. Your ad positions will be high and it is the chances that your ads will not be clicked or your ads have lower CTR. Lower CTR will adversely impact in your campaigns.

Thus keeping low bid will not always help you.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
A better strategy would be to have a higher bid price price getting even more impressions with better ad placement and hopefully more clicks. This could result in improving your CTR. And having a higher CTR is more important than your bid price.

The best strategy is one that has highly relevant keywords with relevant text ads and relevant landing page followed by a good CTR.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I support Rakesh.

Your Bid( and quality score) will fix your ad position while your budget will decide how much your ads will show on network.

So if you place your bid and budget low then your ads position will less and your ads will not appear on good posiotion ultimatly you can not get clicks and converison. First you have to increase your keywords quality score and budget so that your ads can be on top positon then after you should have to increase budget also.

Thanks