AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low ad rank

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I had a few campaigns performing exceptionally well but the leads were not being captured in our Lead Management System(LMS) . We created a new Landing Page on a new domain, since we did not have access to the clients domain to create a LP and setup a LMS. The leads are being successfully captured, but now the performance of the campaigns has extremely slowed down. The ads are not even showing in the search results most of the times because of the low ad rank. What can I do to optimize these campaigns again? Please Help!

Note: Targeting and Ads are the same as they were when the campaigns were performing well. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prasad P
July 2016

Re: Low ad rank

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Prasad P

There could be several reasons for that;

• Seasonality;
  • Competitors bidding higher;
  • But,  since you mentioned that this is a new landing page, and I assume a new campaign, I would suspect that once the campaign gained enough traffic, and the default QS (=6) was replaced by a QS based on  the campaign's own performances - the newly calculated QS, is lower, hence the ad rank fell accordingly;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prasad P
July 2016

Re: Low ad rank

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Prasad P

There could be several reasons for that;

• Seasonality;
  • Competitors bidding higher;
  • But,  since you mentioned that this is a new landing page, and I assume a new campaign, I would suspect that once the campaign gained enough traffic, and the default QS (=6) was replaced by a QS based on  the campaign's own performances - the newly calculated QS, is lower, hence the ad rank fell accordingly;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’