Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low Search impression share for keywords with no competition

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My question is about the Search Impression Share(SIS). In one of my campaigns I have found a set of keywords that don't have any competition. I managed to get the quality score of these keywords to 10/10. I expected that no competition + a super relevant keyword would mean I would be shown every time someone searches it, yet for some reason the actual SIS of these keywords is around 30%. I am using the entire budget of my campaign and on campaign level the Search Lost IS(budget) is around 25%. Are there any other factors am I forgetting that could be causing the difference in expected SIS and actual SIS?

Kind regards,

Arthur

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Arthur P,

Are your keywords in Broad Match or phrase match?

Have you checked the the Exact Match Impression, if not pls check and update.

Also, check the Lost Impression share report. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The keywords are broad match. Thanks for bringing up the exact match impression, I will be reading into this, as its 92%. A first look tells me that this simply means I need to create some exact match keywords to stop the less relevant searches to be taken into account.

Thanks for your quick reply. If questions come up, ill post another reply.