5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low Search Volume + Landing Page Fix?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a campaign for a business that is extremely niche. Because of this a good 80% of the keywords are low search volume. I have tried mod broad match, phrase matching and less keywords to no prevail. So my thought was and wanted to know if anybody has done this before or if it will work is to set up a separate ad group for all the products that are LSV, create a landing page grouping those products on the page with a CTA, and choosing one broad keyword for the campaign / ad. Thus making only the LSV ads show up when that broad keyword is used and having the landing / splash page showcase all the products that are LSV. It will still be slightly indirect but not completely irrelevant. Thoughts and experience will be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low Search Volume + Landing Page Fix?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello mooebweno ; welcome;

I ignore LSV in niche markets (e.g. Engineering) . I just set up the campaign as any other campaign with the relevant keywords,. Usually you have enough broadband or BMM keywords that bring most of the traffic. (The "80/20"rule.)

Moreover; I do not trust much on the LSV, since Google does not disclose how LSV is calculated. ("LSV in reference to what"?)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As somebody in a similiar situation with regards to LSV, did you find a workaround ?

Thanks

Paul

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mooebweno,

I did faced same problem with my ads as well. I did had a good amount of keywords with LSV, but with QS around 7-8. I did try to experiment with these keywords by keeping them in the account and altering my ad copies around them. However, unfortunately, met with no results. Hence, in this scenario, I would suggest you to come up with some more eligible keywords using Keyword planner and traffic estimator that you think come closer to your LSV keywords. In this case, you may not lose the relevancy of your keywords. And I do agree with Moshe, when it comes to trusting LSV within the campaign.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M