Guide Me
star_border

Low Search Volum

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Quick question

Should I just pause the low search volumn ads?

Does effect my account if they are running?

E.G Cost per click or ad position

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Low Search Volum

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks every one Smiley Happy

I'm going to leave the on. As i'm mainly bidding on Exact match, I know the keyword is relivant

so I'm hopeing if someone does search, the conversions will be high.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think you are talking about Low search volume keywords here.

Now it really depends upon how you want to manage these terms and how long you have included them and since then they have the same status i.e. Low search volume or something changed.

Few things you could do about them could be:

If they have a Low Quality Score and no data whatsoever for long time, it's better to pause them.

Try different variations of those terms and try to increase your reach towards relevant audiences.

Lastly you could keep them if Quality Score is high and may be in future if more people start searching for these terms, Google would start displaying your ads for those terms.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok Thanks Smiley Happy

The QS average from 7 - 10. So it's hight, but not traffic.
I'll leave these un paused then.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You are welcome and in the meantime, you could try some new variations of those LSV keywords, which have high searches and might attract good traffic and business for you.

Just a thought!
Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It seems that any phrase over 3 words gets hit by the low search volumn.

I'll keep trying.
£7 per click is a lot to be waisting, so need to get this right.

Thanks

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Great ideas here! 

One strategy that can help with low search volume keywords is to monitor their performance over a period of 7-10 days and if they do not pick up any traffic over this period it is probably worth pausing the keywords, as they are adding no value to your keyword list at this point. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If these are not converting then you may consider to pause,but some time low search volume keyword may give better conversion, so it is wise to keep them. You can also use Google insight to see their historical search volume.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I keep low search volume KWs, if the client says that those are major search terms, common in the business.

There are niche fields, where the search volume is low (for a given KW), but if the search query triggers an ad, - it is likely to convert.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks every one Smiley Happy

I'm going to leave the on. As i'm mainly bidding on Exact match, I know the keyword is relivant

so I'm hopeing if someone does search, the conversions will be high.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

According to me i think we have to bid on LSV equivalent to the same keyword which is trigeering search query, by doing do CTR will be high, and next time it will be shown..

I am on Linkedin