AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low Quality Score but high relevancy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have recently lauched campaigns that are well structured with tightly themed ad groups, each ad group contains a handful of closely related keywords, highly relevant ad text and a highly relevant landing page.

I am seeing Quality Scores as low as 2?

Could this purely be down to budget? I am seeing messages saying the campaigns are limited by their budget but could this factor alone impact on Quality Score so heavily?

Thanks for any advice Smiley Happy

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low Quality Score but high relevancy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

Budget doesn't have an impact on quality score. To better determine why the quality score is low I would recommend following these steps:

Run a keyword diagnosis:

1. Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
  2. Select the Keywords tab.
  3. Click the white speech bubble Ad disapproval bubble next to any keyword's status to see details about that keyword's Quality Score. You'll be able to see ratings for expected clickthrough rate, ad relevance, and landing page experience.

Once you have narrowed down which component of quality score is low then you can create a plan to improve it. This article from Google has ideas on how to improve these components. Hope this helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Low Quality Score but high relevancy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Laura, 

I agree with Jim. Quality score is not impacted by campaign' s daily budget but it is important to fix both low-quality score and campaign's limited budget issue. 

You can follow the steps below to keep your ads showing up throughout the day (related to campaign's limited budget issue):

1. Make sure that you are not using accelerated mode for ad delivery method under the settings tab. If it is, then change it to standard mode.

2. Use the campaign bid simulator to identify the opportunities for bid changes. In your case, you could lower the bid or lower the bid adjustments.

Keyword quality score is not impacted by account structure, but if you move the keyword into a new adgroup with related new ads then that could change your quality score. In your case, based on the quality score it is important to optimize the CTR to ad relevance to landing page experience (all the three components of quality score).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sakthi