AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low QS (and I don't know why)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi to all,

I have a low QS (3/10) but I can't understand why...maybe you can help me.

Ad

Agriturismo in Italy

Cozy and comfortable rooms

Swimming Pool, Parking, WiFi

www.agriandgolf.com/

Desitnation url:

www.agriandgolf.com/en/farmhouse/house

Keywords:

+agriturismo +italy

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author marcopanichi
September 2015

Re: Low QS (and I don't know why)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello, Marco.

No worries, if we stop by we do it in order to answer questions, not just to chat with others with a bit more experience.

You're in a situation when the system cannot risk showing your ads. It's possible that many people search for "agriturismo". And if one click can go up to 85 cents, and all your budget is 5 EUR per day, it means you can afford 5 clicks.

The system AdWords has put in place states that if you set a daily budget of X, on any given day, it will not serve ads for more than 1.20 x X (20% over), and will not go over 30.4 x X in the respective billing month.

If, in your case, it would enable your ads to show, and many people search for your keywords, once the ads show they can no longer control the clicks, and you could end up with 20 clicks in a day, adding up to 17 EUR, more than three times your daily budget.

So if your daily budget does not allow for more clicks, it practically cannot show your ad.

More into details now.

A QS of 3 is not a QS to raise your budget with. 

What you could do is to go with a more restrictive match type at the beginning, not broad modified.

Target Umbria-related keywords, not Italy all over. You can (according to the keyword tool), use:

"agriturismo umbria"
[agriturismo umbria]
"agriturismi umbria"
[agriturismi umbria]
"agriturismo in umbria"
[agriturismo in umbria]
"umbria agriturismo"
[umbria agriturismo]
"agriturismi in umbria"
[agriturismi in umbria]
"umbria agriturismi"
[umbria agriturismi]

And you should get enough traffic to begin with.

Also, don't target the whole world. Think of the countries that bring you most of the tourists, and target only those and their languages.

You could then make the ads such as:

Agriturismo in Umbria

Book our cozy and comfortable rooms

with Swimming Pool, Parking, WiFi.

www.agriandgolf.com/agriturismo

Give it a go, if you want.

Also, after you see that hopefully your initial QS is higher than three, set your campaign to run only this saturday morning, saturday evening, and sunday morning and evening (assuming that people might search more often during these times). Give it a 25 EUR a day budget, and have it stop on Sunday. This way you'll only spend about 50 EUR and you'll see how things go. This should allow you to have your ad show for a longer period of time.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ciao, Marco.

Have a look at the message you receive when hovering over the bubble next to the keyword. What does it say? Ad relevance, landing page issues, maybe?

Then again, it's an English ad, keyword and landing page, so maybe you should try +agritourism +italy instead of agritourismo.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi AdWiser,

thank you for the reply

Here are the message:

--------------------------------------------------------

Keyword: +agriturismo +italy
Showing ads right now?
No
Your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today. What can I do?
Quality score
3/10
Expected clickthrough rate: Average
Ad relevance: Below average
Landing page experience: Average

--------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the right word, i've asked G.Insight before writing the ad, and "agriturismo" is more searched than the translations, maybe because is a typical italian word

http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=agriturismo%2Cagriturism%2Cagritourism&geo=GB&cmpt=q

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello.

What is your daily budget and how are you bidding? Manual or automatic bids? The message states that you've used your budget for today. Also, what's your ad delivery method? Standard or accelerated?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

AdWiser, exscuse me about my lacks of information...i'm a newbie. So:

What is your daily budget? 5€ for the campaign, 0.85€ the keyword

how are you bidding? Manual or automatic bids? Manual

The message states that you've used your budget for today.Yes, I saw. Does it reduce the QS?

Also, what's your ad delivery method? Standard or accelerated? Standard. Does it reduce the QS also?

Thank you very much...I hope one day I could help the community.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author marcopanichi
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello, Marco.

No worries, if we stop by we do it in order to answer questions, not just to chat with others with a bit more experience.

You're in a situation when the system cannot risk showing your ads. It's possible that many people search for "agriturismo". And if one click can go up to 85 cents, and all your budget is 5 EUR per day, it means you can afford 5 clicks.

The system AdWords has put in place states that if you set a daily budget of X, on any given day, it will not serve ads for more than 1.20 x X (20% over), and will not go over 30.4 x X in the respective billing month.

If, in your case, it would enable your ads to show, and many people search for your keywords, once the ads show they can no longer control the clicks, and you could end up with 20 clicks in a day, adding up to 17 EUR, more than three times your daily budget.

So if your daily budget does not allow for more clicks, it practically cannot show your ad.

More into details now.

A QS of 3 is not a QS to raise your budget with. 

What you could do is to go with a more restrictive match type at the beginning, not broad modified.

Target Umbria-related keywords, not Italy all over. You can (according to the keyword tool), use:

"agriturismo umbria"
[agriturismo umbria]
"agriturismi umbria"
[agriturismi umbria]
"agriturismo in umbria"
[agriturismo in umbria]
"umbria agriturismo"
[umbria agriturismo]
"agriturismi in umbria"
[agriturismi in umbria]
"umbria agriturismi"
[umbria agriturismi]

And you should get enough traffic to begin with.

Also, don't target the whole world. Think of the countries that bring you most of the tourists, and target only those and their languages.

You could then make the ads such as:

Agriturismo in Umbria

Book our cozy and comfortable rooms

with Swimming Pool, Parking, WiFi.

www.agriandgolf.com/agriturismo

Give it a go, if you want.

Also, after you see that hopefully your initial QS is higher than three, set your campaign to run only this saturday morning, saturday evening, and sunday morning and evening (assuming that people might search more often during these times). Give it a 25 EUR a day budget, and have it stop on Sunday. This way you'll only spend about 50 EUR and you'll see how things go. This should allow you to have your ad show for a longer period of time.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you AdWiser for the great reply!

A deep explanation and a real example were exactly what I need.

I set up a campaign as you said.

I have a question about the keywords you suggested:

Why aren't they equal to the single keyword +agriturismo +italy?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello. In case you did not read too much about match types, I can tell you that +agriturismo +italy matches quite a lot of combinations, including agriturismo toscana italy or agriturismo sicilia italy. Which are less relevant than an Umbria-related keyword/ad.

Ad relevance largely means CTR, in fact, so if your CTR for that search term was worse than most of your competition, the system qualifies it as not relevant. Because the users, through their behaviour (ignoring to click it), have proven that for them it is not relevant.

Anyway, the idea is to start targeted when you're dealing with small budgets, new accounts, and not much experience. Let us know how it works.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Of course, "A B" is not the same than +A +B

Simply I presumed that nobody would search A B C

"agriturismo italy umbria" doesn't sound correct to me

But I was wrong! An english user has surely the need to specify the country (B) and the region (C)

I was lots of good suggestion to improve my ads now...thank you again!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

The whole idea, Marco, is that you only have something for your customers in Umbria, not throughout Italy.

Of course, you can try to direct people who look for something somewhere in Italy, no matter where, precisely. But if you look at your ad, and the keywords you use, you're offering ... accomodation in Italy. Where in Italy? The ad does not specify. People may think that it can be anywhere in Italy, and that they can choose.

And a possible scenario would be someone searching for agriturismo rome italy, and this is clearly something an American tourist could use, as there is a Rome somewhere in the US as well. Your ad shows, it does not say that it's only for Umbria, the guy clicks, sees what it is all about, and leaves straight away. You lose money. He gets back to the search page, clicks on another ad.

Google registers the second click very shortly after the first (the one that lead to your website), and may mark it down as irrelevant (your ad with respect to the search query and the website).

Anyway, it's a long discussion here, just see how it goes after you narrow it down a bit.