AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low Impressions When Set to People In Targeted Location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there an issue with google identifying user locations?

I have set up various campaigns to target specific areas using the 'People in targeted location' setting.

I'm getting near on 100% impression share but I'm getting very few impressions a day.

I've tested using 'People in, searching for or who show interest in my excluded location' setting which gathers many many more impressions.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... Definitely, the default expands the audience, However the question is what is your targeting audience? Only people who physically in the tyareghted location or also people showing interest / intent in the location?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's set to only people in location. And I have separate Geo targeted campaigns for surrounding towns.

My concern is whether google knows people's locations properly. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Assuming search is done on a mobile device (as most users commonly do) - the answer is yes. The location is determined by GPS.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As of last 30 days, 27% of impressions have been on desktop.

After looking through this forum, I've noticed mentions of google being accurate with location date in the US but not outside the US (I'm in the UK)

I;m basically seeking the best method or structure to target specific towns with their own ads. These towns are situated next to eachother.