1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low CTR in search partner network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Low CTR in my account, even about 0.5% for my search keyword. by checking the network performance, CTR in search partners network is so low that the whole CTR is low. but last year, the CTR in search partners was higher than now. what's problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low CTR in search partner network

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Yalen,

Yes, it needs to improve your CTR.

Please make sure that your keywords are relevant to your product or service and your customers are more likely to click your ads as they search for these specific terms. Analyse your Search Term report and optimize your keywords list.

You might have using large number of keywords in an adgroup and might be they all are Broad Match Type. If yes, then I would suggest you to structure your adgroups with tightly relevant keywords and use proper combination of Exact Match, Phrase Match, Broad Modified and Broad Match types.

This will certainly help you to improve your clickthrough rate (CTR) and Quality Score.

And I would encourage you to read this wonderful article and video to know how to improve CTR. https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Get-the-basics-right-How-to-improve-your-C...

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yalen
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In GENERAl, search partner network CTR is usually lower. You have to VIGOROUSLY test your ads against each other daily/weekly/,monthly.

The good news is that your search partner CTR does not have any effect on your regular search CTR when it comes to quality score.

Eventually, if it's not working for you, you can turn it off. ~50% of the time, depending on the client, we have to do that.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Yalen,

Welcome to the community.

The answer is not quite simple.Actually it depends on so many factors like your campaign structure,keywords,Ad copies,Ad position,the quality score,campaign type etc. etc & you need to analyse your account to find the most appropriate reasons.

Here i found an interesting article written by our TC Kim.I will encourage to read the article.You might get some help here.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/AdWords-Click-Through-Rates-CTR-Evaluating-and...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your suggestion. The clicks from search partner network takes 30% of the whole search clicks, so it's impossible to turn of this network. A trouble...