Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low CPC But High Conversion Rate

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am optimizing a foreign language campaign. In the past I was using the broad match keyword and I was getting average CPC SEK40.08 but at the same time CPA were SEK 250 but now I changed the keyword type of broad match to exact match then CPC remain same but CPA go higher to SEK 600 . I am not sure why this happened because when we are using exact keyword type then it should be lower because we are using very specific keywords.

Also, I am using target search page location.

Suggest me best solution.

Regard

Om Thakur

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low CPC But High Conversion Rate

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
HI Om,

Have you gone through the Search term report for the keywords which were in broad match?
And have you also added those search queries as your exact match keywords which lead to conversions during broad match keywords?
Were you using the same bid strategy when the keywords were in broad match?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Archit, as we discussed earlier that we were fighting for low cpa and for that we use exact keyword but that went wrong horribly. Our CPA increased from 450 to 650 but the application we got were irrelevant. So I am not sure if i am using the exact keyword then why getting irrelevant click. Also, I know very well if I will use exact keyword then CPC might be high but conversion should be worth full. So if possible then let me know the best campaign setting for this issue. Also let me know which type of keyword type i can use for my campaign.

Looking for best solution.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Om T, Is is not necessary that the CPC will be high if you change the match type from broad to exact. Reason being earlier your ads were triggering at 1st position and now these are at 3-4 or lower position, in this case CPC may still be same.
So, please check the avg. ads position in both the cases.

Else, try modified broad and phrase match keywords.

There are 2 target locations with target search page location bidding:

• Top of the first results page
  • Anywhere on the first results page

So which one you are using as both have different outcomes?

Experiment with both, even you can experiment with ECPC or CPA also.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Archit, I am very much aware about all type of bidding option. Below, I am trying to explain the things in detail.
1) First of all if you change the keyword type, CPC, most the time get higher. So same thing happened with me. When i changed the keyword type from broad to exact it get high but I was not worried about it because I was looking for worthfull conversion which i didn't get. This is first failure.

2) I tried both type of bidding option as you suggested above. As you know for both type of bidding option we need to pay more because as I told you earlier that my quality score is already high so to get the top page rank only raised CPC is last solution. But again I lost money for nothing. This is second failure.

Now, I hope you have got my points and now my concern is what campaign setting i can use to decrease the CPA/ Conversion.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
If no bid strategy is performing then better is looking into the campaign again.
Build your keyword list and A/B test adcopies.

Check for search partners traffic, if consuming only budget then opt out.

Also analyse last 30 days data corresponding to ad-extension, Sometimes sitelinks and location extensions do not work well and just consume budget.(depends on business).

Wait for other suggestions as well.

Regards