AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Low AdRank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My keyword has 5/10 QS and the estimated FirstPageBid is about 2000 VND.

I set the Max CPC 6000 VND. And this keyword has low competitions. (only 2 or 3 ads for this keyword)

I dont know why my keyword has Low AdRank? Only way to increase it is increase Max CPC. Is it the way Google earn more?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low AdRank

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Hokhachuy, 

Welcome to adwords community, 

In order to surpass the competiation in the market, people pay more but in order get conversion you must have relavency in you product with the keywords, that will increase your quality score, and hence it will give you conversion. 

Ad position is determined by your ad rank in the auction. Your Ad Rank is a score that's based on your bid and your Quality Score. If you're using the cost-per-click bidding option, your bid is how much you're willing to pay for a single click on your ad. Your Quality Score is a measure of how relevant your keyword is to your ad text and to what a user is searching for. 

as I recommend you to improve your ad quality, 

There several things you can do to make your ads more relevant to your customers.

1. Create very specific ad groups 2. Choose your keywords carefully 3. Include keywords in your ad text 4. Create simple, enticing ads 6. Test out multiple ads 7. Regularly review your campaign performance

Hope it helps you,

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi HOKHACHUY,

I can understand your issue. Your keyword's QS is OK and so is your max CPC. The only suggestion I would prefer to give you at this time to write more relevant and compelling ad-copies using this keywords in title and description with variations.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi HOKHACHUY,

The initial quality score of an account will be based on the historical performance of other advertisers within that industry. So if the business you are advertising is not inclined to perform well on Adwords, then that will reduce quality score of related keywords. But this will impact all the accounts within that industry, not just yours.

Once you improve your account performance (good keywords, relevant ads, good landing pages and good CTR) your quality score will improve, which will reduce your CPC.

Deepak

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I can say that your quality score is not so bad, though it is not an awesome one. Also your bidding is also good.

Can you chek the quality of your landing page, content duplicay in the landing page and also check either you have assigned proper landing page to proper ad group or not.

Regards,

Foyzul

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello;

Even if there is no competition, there is a minimum threshold (Of QS and adrank) that your ad must meet to be eligible to be shown.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’