AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Lost impression share due to adrank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greeting Fellow PPC'ers

Question for you all. I am trying to forecast what i could spend if my impression share was at 100%. Currently it stands at 30%, this is due to ad rank.  The method i am currently using is is to establish what impressions would look like if they were 100%.

I then multiple that by CTR, (i take current CTR and slightly increase, i expect greater exposure through higher ad rank will deliver a higher ctr) to establish clicks. Can anyone think of a more efficient way to do this?

Thanks,

Jonny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lost impression share due to adrank

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonathan W

Achieving 100% is not something I would consider as a real goal. Smiley Surprised

To improve ad-rank you need either to higher the bid or improve the QS, or both... (The usual methods, mainly focusing on improving CTR)

Since  impression share is a statistical estimate, I prefer the "exact match impression share", which a better indication. (The number of impressions in the denominator, does not include synonyms which can be matched to the keywords)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Lost impression share due to adrank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Well I have been asked to quote what I could potentially spend on the account. Budget is relatively low so we have a low ad rank as a result. The best way for me to potentially predict what we could achieve is to estimate what 100% impression share would deliver.