Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Lost impression share due to adrank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greeting Fellow PPC'ers

Question for you all. I am trying to forecast what i could spend if my impression share was at 100%. Currently it stands at 30%, this is due to ad rank.  The method i am currently using is is to establish what impressions would look like if they were 100%.

I then multiple that by CTR, (i take current CTR and slightly increase, i expect greater exposure through higher ad rank will deliver a higher ctr) to establish clicks. Can anyone think of a more efficient way to do this?

Thanks,

Jonny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lost impression share due to adrank

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonathan W

Achieving 100% is not something I would consider as a real goal. Smiley Surprised

To improve ad-rank you need either to higher the bid or improve the QS, or both... (The usual methods, mainly focusing on improving CTR)

Since  impression share is a statistical estimate, I prefer the "exact match impression share", which a better indication. (The number of impressions in the denominator, does not include synonyms which can be matched to the keywords)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Lost impression share due to adrank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Well I have been asked to quote what I could potentially spend on the account. Budget is relatively low so we have a low ad rank as a result. The best way for me to potentially predict what we could achieve is to estimate what 100% impression share would deliver.