AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Long Tail localized Keywords show no results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Looking for some opinions and options. Im working with long tail localized keywords. Such as... divorce attorney hanover pa. When doing research with google adwords keyword tool, once I add the city and state, it returns no results. Yet I Believe that people in Hanover pa searching for an divorce attorney add the city and state. There's not even a suggestion in ideas that includes the hanover pa. Would one still use the long tail keyword? Is there another way of researching the localized long tails? Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks, Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Long Tail localized Keywords show no results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

What match type are you using for these keywords?  What informs your belief that people are searching on these terms?

Bear in mind that even if people are searching on them, it doesn't necessarily mean your ads will trigger each and every time those searches are made.  Also bear in mind that the keyword tool is not an exact science by any stretch of the imagination and, unless I'm mistaken, it will report "0" figures when the search frequency is very low, not necessarily when it's actually zero.

Are you using Location Targeting?  This can avoid the need to include town/city names at all since Google automatically checks for such terms in the search term (or users location, if available/relevant).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jon, Hi. Thanks for such a quick reply. Im fairly new at this so please bare with me. I just forming my keyword list and research and its for a local company of that area. There are several larger metro areas nearby, but most of his visiting to location traffic is a Hanover residence. The competition for the nearby metro areas is really high and thought localizing the keywords would be of better use than generic non local. I came to the thought of adding the city and state after doing a bit of research on localizing the keywords and asking a few individuals what they would search for. My main keyword "divorce attorney" of coure returns a high volume and highly competitive keyword in googel tools so thought adding the localized words word narrow down the viewers to those who would really be interested in the services. Only once I add the city and state, google keywords tool basically gives no results. What would you suggest. Your advise is appreacited and thanks for your time.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you familiar on Google Insights for Search http://www.google.com/insights/search/? This is a tool that you can utilize to study and compare the search volume patterns across specific country with its sub regions & metros, categories, time periods and properties. I have seen data for the keywords divorce attorney pa, but zero data for the keyword district attorney hanover pa. 

On the other hand, are you aware that the keyword tool is an average of 12 month approximate search made on that particular keyword?This is not absolute! If your research shows that people search that specific in google, you can invest and set those keywords live, see if these will be searched within your set period and check how the click conversion goes. 

More Power,
Loraine