1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location reporting and keyword

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

How do we relate keyword report with location reporting to measure lead generation performance? How can we balance these two reports?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location reporting and keyword

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kapil

What i understood from your question is you want to know the benefits of location reporting, please correct me if am wrong and post your question again with more info.

The location report help you to let you know which keywords are getting impression from which user location. This can help you to eliminate locations where you don't offer your services and the locations which are sending traffic to your site but are not completing the goals you want or completing goals beyond your threshold.

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Where can we track keywords and user location together?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You can't track location for each and every keyword until you keep a single keyword in an ad group. if you have a single keyword in your ad group then go to the ad group and then navigate to dimension tab and in dimension tab select user location from View drop down menu.

Abhishek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil,

Although, you can't directly get the keyword level data inside Adwords reporting neither for Geographic nor for User location reports. Data is specific to campaign or most ad group level here.

But if you have your Adwords properly linked with Analytics, then try this:Go to Audience>>Geo and select Location. Then in the front select Secondary Dimension>> Advertising >> Keyword. This should cut down to the paid traffic and keywords data, which you are looking for.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the update Pankaj. I was not aware about the Analytic part.

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thanks pankaj1782. I didn't know that

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

No problems Abhishek S and californiafence  happy to help Smiley Happy