AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Location keywords in AdGroups in Location-targeted campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my campaign's location targeting Florida and 10 main cities within Fl, should I still make separate AdGroups by location?  For example, one AdGroup that includes all keywords relating to my topic plus geographic keywords and then another AdGroup with just my relevant keywords and no location-related keywords.

Is there a best practice for this? Or is it just A/B Testing with the 2 different AdGroups to see which receives more activity... It's important to me that I strictly reach the Florida audience.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location keywords in AdGroups in Location-targeted campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Matt,

I'd suggest setting up the campaign to target Florida and create themed ad groups based on products or services (one per product or service). I wouldn't go with location related keywords as the campaign targeting takes care of that.

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Location keywords in AdGroups in Location-targeted campaign

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
If you set up a campaign and Geo target your location, adding the locations as keywords would be a redundancy, especially in the USA where Geo targeting is not perfect but still reliable.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’